Stronghold is a liquid medication, applied topically to the skin on the back of the neck which is used to treat and prevent flea and other parasites in dogs and cats. Stronghold contains the active ingredient selamectin, an insecticide. Stronghold for dogs and Stronghold for cats is manufactured by Pfizer Ltd and comes as individual pipettes of solution to be applied monthly. Stronghold comes in several different sizes so that dogs and cats of various weights can be given an appropriate dose. Stronghold for dogs comes as boxes of 3 pipettes and Stronghold for cats comes as boxes of either 3 or 6 pipettes. Stronghold can only be obtained from a veterinary surgeon.
Stronghold for dogs and stronghold for catsis used to treat and prevent fleas (Ctenocephalides spp.) in both dogs and cats. It is very useful as part of a management regime for flea allergic dermatitis (FAD). In addition Stronghold can be used to treat ear mites (Otodectes cynotis) and to prevent infection with heart worm (Dirofilaria immitis).
In dogs specifically, Stronghold can also be used to treat adult, intestinal roundworms (Toxocara canis), sarcoptic mange caused by Sarcoptes scabiei and infestations of biting lice (Trichodectes canis).
In cats, Stronghold can also be used to treat adult, intestinal roundworms (Toxocara cati) as well as adult intestinal hookworms (Ancylostoma tunbaeforme) and biting lice (Felicola subrostratus).
• Stronghold should be used monthly
• Stronghold can be used in animals older than 6 weeks of age
• Animals should also be greater than 2.5kg before receiving stronghold
• Stronghold is a POM-V so can only be obtained from a vet or with a prescription from a vet.
• If you suspect any side effects from Stronghold then call your vet
• The dose of Stronghold needed will be determined by your vet
• The dose of Stronghold depends on weight so weigh your pet regularly
• Stronghold should be stored under 30oC and out of the reach of children.
Stronghold Side Effects
• Stronghold is generally very safe is used as advised to do so by the vet
• Stronghold should only be used topically, never into the mouth or ears
• Stronghold should not be used in animals less than 6 weeks
• Stronghold may cause mild and temporary hair loss at the site of application
• Stronghold may cause clumping of hair at the site
• Stronghold may leave white powder at the site of application
• Keep your pet away from fire for 30 minutes after application or until hair is dry
• Do not bath your pet or let them swim for 2 hours after applying Stronghold
• If your pet manages to lick the Stronghold then they may salivate excessively
• Stronghold may cause temporary and reversible neurological signs
• If you suspect any side effects then contact your vet for advice
Stronghold Dosage and Administration
• Stronghold should be given once a month
• Stronghold is applied topically to the skin on the back of the neck
• Stronghold comes in single dose, plastic pipettes
• Stronghold comes in various sizes for accurate dosing
• The dose of Stronghold is dependent on weight so weight your pet regularly
• Stronghold can be used in pregnant and lactating animals
• There are no interactions between Stronghold and most common veterinary medicines
• Stronghold is used to treat a wide variety of parasites in dogs and cats
• Continued use of Stronghold will also prevent parasites
Protect Your Pet With Stronghold
Manufactured by Pfizer
• Treating dogs and cats routinely for fleas can become expensive, especially if you purchase stronghold spot-on from your vet.
• Regular flea control with an effective, tried and tested, reliable spot-on such as stronghold should be part of your pets routine healthcare
• The benefits of routine flea control for your dog or cat are well known. Lets not also forget the benefits of avoiding contamination of your home with fleas if your pet is regularly treated for fleas. In addition Stronghold treats your dog or cat for round worms and ear mites.
• Stronghold Spot- On for dogs and cats is available from www.petprescription.co.uk at significantly lower prices than from veterinary surgeons
• Stronghold Spot-On is a POM-V so requires a prescription from your vet.
• Pet owners may purchase Stronghold from their vet but could make huge savings by buying cheap Stronghold online at www.petprescription.co.uk
• You may also purchase Drontal, Frontline, Plerion, Adaptil, Feliway and a complete range of prescription and nonprescription medicines at www.petprescrition.co.uk
• The Stronghold we supply is exactly the same as the Stronghold you would purchase from your vet though typically 40-60% cheaper
• Petprescription.co.uk is run by Pet Prescription Ltd.
• We are staffed by veterinary surgeons, veterinary nurses and SQP's (suitably qualified persons)
• As well as operating many pet information websites we also run www.petprescription.co.uk
• petprescription.co.uk sells a wide variety of pet healthcare products, prescriptions drugs and pet accessories.
• As practicing veterinary and animal professionals we have a wealth of experience and are extremely well placed to answer your pet related queries
• As pet owners ourselves we understand the importance of pets to their owners
• Owning a pet can be expensive - We want to help you care for your pets with expert advice and discounted pet medicines and accessories
• Why not check out our amazing Stronghold prices!!
Pet Prescriptions Latest News
- During November 2012 we are running free delivery on all food orders.
- We are now VMD accredited!
For more information regarding any of our latest news please visit www.petprescription.co.uk.
The contents of this website are the personal opinions of the author and should be used as a guide only. No liability is accepted for accuracy of content or any other matter. If your pet is unwell we strongly recommend you seek the advice of a qualified veterinary surgeon. Articles are written and/or edited by S J Bagnall BVetMed MRCVS
This website has been created by www.petprescription.co.uk for information purposes only. Petprescription is a retailer of Stronghold, but is not affiliated with or related to the manufacturer of Stronghold in any way. The contents of this website are not sponsored or endorsed by the manufacturer of Stronghold